Activity

Activity Spooner Ranch House

In 1892, Alden B. Spooner, Jr. built this ranch house overlooking the sea.

In 1892, Alden B. Spooner, Jr. built this ranch house overlooking the sea. He first leased the land, then in 1902 bought it outright. Eventually his Pecho Ranch and Cattle Company spread over 8000 acres. The Spooners planted grain and field crops, ran dairy and cattle beef, and slopped hogs with creamery waste. During the 1920s and 30s, they leased ocean terrace land to Japanese pea farmers. Except for the highest slopes, every acre visible from the ranch house was under cultivation. At least 18 outbuildings, a water-powered creamery, and a cliffside loading chute for coastal steamers once clustered near Spooner's Cove. Now only the ranch house and a concrete creamery built in 1915 remain. For more information, click here.

Overview

Spooner Ranch House

Spooner Ranch House

Pecho Valley Road
Los Osos 93402

Phone (805) 528-0513

Visit Website

Receive exclusive special offers and be the first to hear about the latest news and happenings in San Luis Obispo County! 

Customize Your Offers